June 2, 2021

TRAPPED IN A 5 STAR HOTEL ROOM



17th April 12am MYT.

DoubleTree by Hilton, Melaka.

7 buses.

The first quarantine center in Melaka for Malaysian and Non-Malaysian arrived from overseas.




The queueing, health screening and immigration check took around 3 hours which can be considered faster than the other groups. I've heard the fastest was 5 hours, some even went through it for 7 hours.

Being alone for the first time for 24 hours straight. It was easy at first because we were all excited about this and that in our room. My room has that, your room has this. We video call almost every hour. Update the WhatsApp status when the food arrived.

Time after time, many thoughts begin to secluded my mind. I start to put my phone away and kept myself busy because I just want to be alone. Away from video calls, and chats. I want to enjoy all the 'me time'.

The food was never a disaster. Alhamdulillah.

The view was splendid because I get to see the sunset every single day. I've seen the sunrise because I had trouble sleeping sometimes. Not because I'm afraid. It's just the thoughts of this and that.

Speaking about afraid of being alone, I'm not afraid of being anywhere alone. But the fact that when there's no sound (because the road was empty!) and had to turn off the lights for a better sleep gets me creepy. So, I sleep with the corridor light turned on and a bedtime-themed podcast playing from the smart tv in the room.

I'm glad that I bring my camera. Some of the days I just took it out and snap pictures. Well, mostly I only get to photograph the buildings.

Cont...

No comments:

Post a Comment